Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas Day
















Since I had to work Christmas Day, we celebrated the birth of Christ on Christmas Eve. I wasn't sure how that would go over, but actually, it was great! The kids opened their stockings first, then tore into their presents. Everyone was happy with what they got. (whew!) We set an extra seat at our table for Jesus with his birthday cake in front of his plate. I found party "crackers" to set at each plate, too. I had never bought them before, so I didn't know what to expect to find inside them when we popped them open. I thought it was very appropriate that each cracker had a gold paper crown inside! They also had a little toy and a nice quote or saying. After we finished eating, we went around the table reading the Christmas story in Luke, one verse at a time. Every family with young children should do this! I say that because, it's too funny what comes out of their mouths as they mispronounce the words! Zack was reading the verse that says "And, lo, the angel of the Lord..." Only he said it like this... "And L-O, the angel..." Did you know the angel's name was L-O? I didn't! And did you know that Mary POUNDED these things in her heart? According to Eli, that's exactly what she did. Wonder if that hurt?
My parents and grandparents sent cash for Rob and the kids and I for Christmas. We polled the kids on what they would prefer: to put all the money together and buy a family gift or to each get their share for whatever they wanted. To my surprise, they opted for a family gift! So the day after Christmas, we went shopping for a patio fire pit and chairs for everyone to sit in around the fire. We have enjoyed it a couple times already.
I'm new to this bloggin site and the pictures and words aren't exactly where I want them. Hopefully I'll get it all figured out soon! Or else I'll be posting about Easter in the fall! :-)

4 comments:

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hey Allana, don't feel alone. I have all kinds of trouble with pictures on this site. But I'm learning. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and I love the "extras" you did with your family. The fire pit is a wonderful idea. My sister has one and we have used it many times. We hope to get one ourselves someday.

I love your site. I will add you to my reader. Stop and visist mine sometimes. God bless.

kayla said...

I can relate to Mary these days. Sometimes things need to be pounded into my heart.
Welcome to Blogger. I'm glad to see you here.
I love the song playing in the background. I may have to use that one for future deputation services. (The kids singing, not Harold and I)

Mary Ellen said...

Great blog, love the picture of the kids all lined up on the couch - too cute.

Unknown said...

Hey Allana, so good to see you over here! I was missing you over on 360 and didn't realize you had a blogspot. I loved reading and seeing pictures from Christmas, great blog!