Monday, November 23, 2009

Let's Say Thanks!



Let's Give Thanks!

This isn't a new story, but the website is still up and running and you can still pick out a colorful "Thank You" card, personalize it with a message, your name and hometown and know that it will be sent to a troop stationed overseas. I was happy to see that the winning card that Rebecca designed over three years ago is still there! I can't believe it's been that long. It was definitely a high point in her life to have been chosen as one of the winners! She was interview by several different papers and a children's magazine. This would be a great time of the year to remember our troops. In just a click of a mouse, you'll have a message on it's way! Here is a thank you note from an Airforce Staff Sergeant:

To the folks of Let's Say Thanks,
First off let me say a personal thank you. I was out of the office when the package arrived and it was placed on my chair. Just to see a package waiting for me made my day! I speak on behalf of other Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines that receiving a package stuffed with goodies is a great feeling - knowing that the folks back home are very appreciative and supporting of their defenders.
I myself have children ages 7 (girl) and 4 (boy) whom I miss so dearly! Seeing the artwork and the messages "praying and wishing for your safe return" that others write really brings a tear to my eye. It is very touching to know that the kids back home know why we are here defending our country and that they are very active in the supporting us.
Again, I would like to say thank you and keep doing what you are doing as many out here don't have family members to lean on.
- An Air Force Staff Sergeant


Let's Give Thanks, everybody!


No comments: